Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday - dinner

Tonight's dinner was a veggie salad. I usually just take all of the veggies we have in the refrigerator and chop and dice it all up. From top left (clockwise) celery, red onion, cucumber, cauliflower, carrot, green onion, bell pepper, broccoli top.

The darker dressing is Balsamic Mustard Vinaigrette
7 Tablespoons Balsamic
6 Tablespoons Olive Oil
3 Tablespoons Mustard



2 Tablespoon Agave Nectar
Pinch of Black Pepper
Mix it all up together
adapted from Andrea Sylve




The lighter dressing is Italian Dressing
6 Tablespoons Olive Oil
6 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
3 Tablespoons Agave Nectar
a dash or two of Italian seasoning, oregano, garlic salt, sea salt, thyme, rosemary
Mix it up.

The lettuce bed is made up of kale, red cabbage, and romaine.


I was strong enough to resist full on bad mac and cheese today, but I wasn't able to say "no" all the way.

I used buttermilk instead of whole milk and olive oil instead of butter. I also added a bunch of spices. Don't ask which ones because I have a habit of looking at the texture, deciding if it'll work, and adding it without looking at what it actually is. But it tasted rather good :) I should write things down more often.

Jason made cake for dinner. He found the recipe on Google and modified it to healthy-ness. It tastes like sweet bread to me. I spread butter over it.
Jason's Yogurt Bread
3/4 cup cane sugar
1 cup buttermilk
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup Greek yogurt
Mix the eggs and sugar together until its nice and frothy. Set aside. Mix the dry ingredients together. Add to egg sugar mixture. Stir in buttermilk, vanilla extract, and yogurt until smooth. Cook at 350 for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment