Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday -- dinner surprise!


So Jason and I planned to eat dinner at Olive Garden this evening and then catching a movie. However, when Jason arrived, I had other surprise plans :)



I baked some sweet potatoes and then mashed them up, skin and all. I added a dash of vanilla and a pinch of sea salt.




I also pulled out every veggie in the fridge and made a delicious salad. The lettuce is made up of red cabbage, kale, and romaine. The veggies are cabbage, broccoli, carrots, zucchini, cucumber, and tomato. I sprinkled grape nuts over it all.



I made Italian dressing. This was my second attempt at Italian dressing. It was better than my first, but still not quite right. I think it needed to be sweeter but Jason thought it was perfect. I got the recipe from cooks.com



After I had finished preparing a fantastic meal, I set the table runner (it's actually a scarf) and a few candles on the table. I used the pretty blue plates. Jason was thrilled! It was a perfect evening.

Veg out!

No comments:

Post a Comment