Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thursday - Breakfast and Lunch

For breakfast today, I had a banana and Mrs. H's pumpkin bread. It was delicious. For lunch, I at a veggie sandwich and a pear. It was also delicious. The sandwich was Genesis bread, avocado (peeled, pitted, and mashed) spread, romaine lettuce, vine ripe tomato (sliced), cucumber (sliced), red onion (sliced), romaine, avocado spread, and Genesis bread. I usually make two sandwiches at a time because of the avocado. Half of one avocado will spread easily over four slices of bread, or two sandwiches. I put the other half in a plastic bag for later. Also, I use 3 slices of cucumber and 2 slices of tomato on each. This is just how I prefer my sandwich. Jason prefers his sandwich with kale instead of romaine. He likes the bite kale gives it. I think the red onion is plenty of bite for one sandwich. My step mom prefers her spread with black bean and avocado. She mashes up half of an avocado with about a 1/4 a can of black beans (drained and rinsed) until it's smooth enough to spread. It's really delicious but then you have 3/4 can of black beans to deal with. I prefer to just dump em in a salad. It's better than storing them and then forgetting them. My mom prefers hers with cheese. She thinks it's too dry without it but in the sandwich's defense, the avocado was under ripe on hers that she ate for lunch today. Tonight, I'm making stuffed tomatoes! I am so thrilled! Eep!

Veg out!

No comments:

Post a Comment