Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday - Dinner


Jason and I ate at Sandy Magee's last week and I had some Chilled Avocado Soup. I searched high and low for a recipe. I came across several but I really wanted to find one from a trusted source rather than just another online blog. Finally, my uncle's niece (She's not my cousin. I may be getting our relation mixed up somehow. We're family. That's what I know.) emailed me her chilled avocado soup recipe. I adapted this recipe from hers. I posted what I did but put in parenthesis the original.

Chilled Avocado Soup
5 avocados, peeled pitted and mashed (4 avocados)
2 cucumbers, diced (3 cucumbers)
3 garlic gloves, crushed (2 garlic cloves)
4 cups buttermilk
1 cup plain yogurt (2/3 cup yogurt)
3 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp cayenne (1 tsp tabasco)
1 tbsp sea salt
2 tbsp dried basil (1 cup fresh basil, chopped)
(1/2 cup red onion)

Blend everything in a food processor until smooth.


I also made stuffed celery tonight. Except I didn't have an extra avocado so it didn't turn out quite right. It was still pretty delicious. I'm just going to post the original recipe and promise to do it correctly next time.

Stuffed Celery
5 celery stalks
1 avocado, peeled pitted and mashed
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 roma tomato, finely chopped
1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
1/4 cups green chilies, finely chopped
seat salt to taste

Combine everything except the celery sticks. Cut celery sticks into quarters and arrange on a plate. Stuff the celery and enjoy!

We drank more Arnold Palmer with dinner and we were all over proud of ourselves. Then we watched a movie and they ate ice cream. Then we really, really craved ice cream. Then we went to the store and bought ice cream. We came home and ate ice cream. After doing sooooo good with dinner, we messed it up with ice cream. Tomorrow is Fettuccine Not Alfredo. We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment