Monday, May 17, 2010

Apologies

I must apologize. I have failed fairly miserably at this wealth of health business. When I was staying home always, I had the time and energy to make food every night but slowly I was given more freedom. Slowly we started eating out. Slowly we stopped eating healthy. We have made a few feeble attempts at healthy food but really it's just pretend. The kind of healthy that looks good but really has no nutritional value whatsoever. Not that I'm particularly making excuses for myself. Being busy is certainly a lame excuse anyway. I'm simply explaining my downfall.
Now I'm explaining my climb back up. I'm currently back in the hospital. Sick. I'm tired of sick. So I'm done allowing myself to get sick. If I ate an orange every day for breakfast instead of Jack in the Box, I would have a heck of a lot more vitamin c. If I ate salads for dinner instead of TGI Fridays, I would have more fiber. Maybe, just maybe, with vitamin c and fiber, I could have fought off this bug without having to spend a week in the hospital. Maybe.

My first step in my climb is realizing that my poor diet choices has caused a poor response from my body to infection.
My second step is realizing that continuing the way I am will continue a slow deterioration of my body.
My third step is choosing the appropriate method for gaining health.
My fourth step is setting reasonable goals for diet and exercise.
My fifth step is realizing that this is a lifestyle change, not a diet. This is also a continual process. There is no peak of the mountain. I will never arrive at a point where I do not struggle with lazziness or a desire for unhealthy food. I will however grow stronger and resist with more force.

My climbing shoes are prayer. Constantly getting a foothold. Never ceasing.
My rope is Christ. Holding me up. Anchoring me to solid ground.
My power bar is the Word. Fueling me. Giving me strength for one more step.

I can do this. I will do this. I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me.




Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20

1 comment:

  1. I happened on your blog through Casi's and I just want you to know that you can do it! I realize this post is several months old and I don't know how your struggle to 'get healthy' is going, but I can tell you that it's something I struggle with all the time - to just go to dinner versus making dinner, to get up and work out in the morning or snuggle under the covers for a bit longer - if you ever need someone to help you, I'd love to! Sometimes it helps to have a workout buddy, even if its just for words of encouragement.

    Hope all is well:) And congratulations on getting married!!

    ReplyDelete