Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Healthy Yummms

So I am definitely a slacker blogger. When I didn't have a life, it was easy to post every other day or close to it. Now it's every few months. Eep! We are eating healthy, mostly (we had mac & cheese on Monday) and allowing cravings daily (we have a cheese snack with lunch) I'm just not posting new recipes. I'm gonna do better! Probably. Maybe. We'll see....
For dinner tonight:

Pepper Onion Rice
1 teaspoon habanero pepper
1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper
1 tablespoon red bell pepper
1 tablespoon red onion
1 tablespoon white onion
1 teaspoon green onion
2 cups rice
some sausage :)
salt and pepper to taste

Finely dice all your peppers and onions. Cut up your sausage into however big you wanna (I like slices but you can do chunks). Throw it all in while your rice is cooking and add your salt and pepper. The flavor of the peppers and onions will cook into the rice and sausage so you don't really need other spices. If you'd like to add them, I'd go easy and only use the basics like rosemary and thyme.

Jalapeno Corn Bread
I make a lot of things from scratch and it ends up being just as easy to make and is more delicious but corn bread is just plain easier from a box. It's the taste I grew up loving and honestly, I'm not that great with bread things from scratch. So to make jalapeno corn bread, you get a box of corn bread and follow the directions. The you slice up some jalapeno. Pour the juice into your batter. Put your batter into your pan and stick the sliced jalapeno into it where ever ya please. Bake and enjoy :)

When everything's ready, put a slice of cornbread into a bowl and put the rice on top. It's delicious. Save left over corn bread for breakfast in the morning. Here's the recipe for the best cereal ever. My daddy made this for me often growing up and I'm hooked.

Corn Bread Cereal
Put cold corn bread in a bowl and crush it so it's a big pile of crumbs. Add a splash of milk and sprinkle some sugar. I haven't tried this for jalapeno cornbread but it sure is tasty with sweet corn bread. Guess I'll find out tomorrow morning!

Well, that's all for now. I'll update ya tomorrow, perhaps. Or next week. You never really know with a lazy lady like myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment