Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tuesday - Breakfast

I created this morning. It was completely on a whim. I mentioned to Jason that we might have avocado sandwiches and leftovers tonight. He said "Ooo! Let's put some of that mozzarella on the sandwiches!" I thought Hmmmmm.... That's a nice idea. But grilled cheese is a better one! So I decided to make grilled Genesis bread mozzarella cheese sandwiches. But oh my! That wasn't good enough. I needed onions. I need peppers. I needed taste and flavor and pizazz! Viola! New awesome sandwich has been created!!
Grilled Cheese
4 slices Genesis bread
4 slices mozzarella cheese
1 slice red onion (4 or 5 actual rings)
1/4 cup green bell pepper (diced)
1/4 cup green onions (diced)
1/4 cup portabella mushroom (diced)
extra virgin olive oil
Brush the bread with olive oil. Cover pan with thin layer of olive oil to grill. Place bread on skillet, once hot. Saute pepper, green onion, and mushroom together in separate skillet. Set aside. Flip bread and place cheese on each slice. Grill onion. Put half of the veggies on one side of bread and cover with opposite bread slice. Use other half of veggies for the second sandwich. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment