Monday, January 30, 2012

A Little Behind

Sorry I'm a little late!! Friday night was good stuff... kinda. It wasn't super delicious but I had to use up the mustard greens.
2 cups fresh mustard greens
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped white onion
salt pepper
coconut oil
put it all in a pan and saute until tender ~20 minutes.

Saturday, lunch was DELICIOUS but oh so bad for you. Church's fried chicken, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, biscuits, oh my oh my! It tasted so yummy!!! But we all (my parents visited this weekend) felt like taking a nap afterwards because it was heavy.

Saturday dinner was about the same as Friday dinner except with spinach and in a sammich.

Yesterday, Sunday, dinner, we ate leftovers and grilled cheese sammiches.



Today, I again tried some new stuff and this time it turned out pretty terrific! Red Potato Stir Fry again from last week because it was so tasty. And also a spicy carrot salad. I got it from a website that I visit often and changed some stuff.
Spicy-ish Carrot Salad
1 cup shredded carrots
2 minced fresh garlic
salt  & pepper
1 sweet apple, cored, not peeled
water
lemon juice
olive oil

Put the carrots and garlic in a microwave safe bowl and put your water in (just enough to cover the carrots). Microwave on high for 3 minutes or until the carrots are kinda soft (you still want them to be kinda crunchy too so not too long!). While you're waiting for the carrots, core your apple and cut it up thinly into 1/4 inch slices. Once the carrots are done, drain them and mix in with the apples. In a separate container, mix 1 part lemon juice and 1 part olive oil. Add salt and pepper. (I also added cayenne pepper and onion powder). Toss the carrots and apples in the lemon juice mix. Put in the fridge for 10 minutes or so to serve it cold.

That's all folks!! I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment